Trigger Release and Cable Replacement
1. Place drop towels around the recliner.
2. Identify that the new trigger release shape and cable length matches.
3. Remove the two retaining screws from the trigger release handle.
4. Gently turn the recliner onto it’s side, handle side up and remembering correct lifting methods.
5. Locate the exposed cable end and measure. The measurement will be either 67mm or 113mm.
6. Manually open the recliner action by levering on the main actuator tube holding the footrest section, taking care not to let it ‘fling’ open.
7. Using a pair of pointy nose pliers, clamp the plastic cable retaining clips together and remove from the recliner action frame.
8. Locate the ‘S’ end of the cable and remove from the operating pivot. Holding the cable in one hand and the plastic trigger end in the other, guide the complete unit out through the trigger release end opening.
9. Check the new trigger release and cable for correctness before fitting.
10. Feed the new trigger release and cable through the trigger opening end.
11. With the new plastic trigger release handle sitting in the correct position, refasten it to the recliner.
12. Attach the ‘S’ end of the cable to the operating pivot, then the plastic retaining clip to the recliner action frame. Test the new trigger release for smooth operation.
13. Sit in the recliner and open the foot rest using the new trigger release, checking for a smooth operation.
Measuring For A Trigger Release and Cable Replacement
1. Identify the trigger release shape and colour. The "large" handle measures 117mm in width and the "small" handle measures 90mm in width
2. Gently turn the recliner onto it’s side, handle side up and remembering safe lifting methods.
2. Locate the exposed cable end and measure from the end of the plastic sheath to the "S" on the end of the cable. The measurement will be either 67mm or 113mm. See the picture to the side.